VMware Cloud Community
JoJoGabor
Expert
Expert

Deploying Vcenter 5.0 Appliance OVF Fails

AS above, deploying OVF fails at 55% using the Vsphere client 5.0 connecting direct to an ESXi 5.0 host. Error message is

"Failed to Deploy"

Error uploading file ....\VMware-Server-Appliance-system.vmdk to server. Unable to write data to the transport connection: An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.

Running the client from Win7, jsut before failure, Networking increases to 100%, CPU and RAM go skyward.

I have redownloaded the file also. Have copied the VMDK's into the datastore without issue, but I cant import these into a VM, which I think is normal as this is in OVF format

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoeM72
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue.  Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
JoeM72
Contributor
Contributor

I found I was a able to temporarily spin up a windows vm and install vcenter.  From vcenter I was then able to import the  vcenter appliance.  After it was imported I made the appliance manage the host and uninstalled the windows vcenter.

0 Kudos
TowerHO
Contributor
Contributor

Based on the suggestion of JoeM72 I have another suggestion.  I too am using W7 and got the same error when trying to deploy the vCenter Applicance. I am used to having W7 problems with some of the software I run so I already have a (shh!)  Oracle Virtual Box guest in W7 that runs WXP/SP3.  So I fired up the XP guest and installed a copy of VSphere 5 on to the XP Guest and copied over the Virtual Appliance files and then ran the Deploy OVF from there. Worked perfectly! Saved a lot of time but only because I already had the XP guest available.

0 Kudos