VMware Cloud Community
LM_Chris
Contributor
Contributor

Deploy template with pre-configured settings w/out Admin

I would like to deploy a template with premade customization settings. I am only able to do so when I have full administrative privlidges (Windows) on the server that is hosting Virtual Center. I tried adding pemissions (full control) to the directory that houses the sysprp settings. That will only alow me to see the customization settings, the radio button is still greyed out.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

You will need to set the permissions with in VC - You should be able to assign a user the Power VM User within the inventory of the VC server - check out http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere4/r40_u1/vsp_40_u1_esx_server_config.pdf for more information on setting permissions -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
LM_Chris
Contributor
Contributor

I'm missing something. Let me provide some more information. I have administrative privlidges over Virtual Center and all the ESX hosts; I do not have local administrator rights to the Windows server running Virtual Center.

Here is a list of conditions and what happens under the conditions. The goal is to be able to deploy templates from a pre-made sysprep.

Virtual Center Admin / Windows Server No Admin
  • I am not able to see the sysprep answer files.

• The radio button to deploy using the answer files is greyed out.

Virtual Center Admin / Windows Server No Admind / Secruity Permissions Applied to Answer Files Directories

• I am able to see the sysprep answer files.

• The radio button to deploy using the answer files is greyed out.

Virtual Center Admin / Windows Server Admin
  • I am able to see the sysprep answer files.

• I can click the radio button to deploy.

0 Kudos
LM_Chris
Contributor
Contributor

Bueller???

0 Kudos