VMware Cloud Community
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dell Poweredge 2850 PERC4 Raid Montioring

Hi i have a dell poweredge 2850 with perc4 raid controller i need a way to montior the raid status on esxi if the drive fails or i need to rebuild the array.how do i do this with vmware esxi on a dell poweredge 2850.i tried using openmange but under the storage tab my perc4 is not listed.pelase help me out as i need raid montioring on poweredge 2850.its not an option to replace this server as i don't have the budget to at the moment.how do i get this working under openmange

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

You will need Dell customised ESXi. You can find it here. http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k=vmware+esxi&cat=sup&x=0&y=0

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi thanks for your reply sorry about the double post i've looked at the link you gave i'm intersted in trying it out but how do get this plugin.

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

Sorry about the plugin as it is yet to be released. I've modified the link for a Dell modified ESXi which would have your need. However i could now see PE 2850 in the supported server list.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi which version of esxi for the poweredge 2850 inculde the dell openmange that will support the perc 4 controller.so i can download it

Thanks

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

According to this thread, it's version 4.0 update 2. But you could try 4.1 version as it "might" work.

http://communities.vmware.com/thread/279092

0 Kudos
lk5246
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

if i use vmware esxi 4.0 update 2 which version of openmange will see the perc4 controller.that post was for esx not esxi.i would like to thank you for your help as you the only one who has been trying to help me on this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

I do not know that much, but probably you can read from the readme when you download the ISO. Good Luck.

0 Kudos