VMware Cloud Community
smokey71
Contributor
Contributor

Dell OpenManage 6.2

Hello,

I have been stuggling with the configuration of OMSA for ESX 4.0 Update 2 build 261974.

One one ESXi box OpenManage package "oem-dell-openmanage-esxi_6.2.0-A00.zip" was installed, CIMOEMprovidersenabled=1 and the Dell directory on the host is populated with the appropriate folders. I am assuming all went well with the install since CLI reported successfull install pending reboot.

The host was rebooted with no issues and the package appears to be succesfully installed but, I am unable to connect to the host via port 1311 with OMSA app v6.2 from a Windows box. It acts as though the port is not open on the ESXi host. I can successfully telnet to port 80 on ESXi but the connection fails when attempting to connect to port 1311.

On a second ESXi box, I installed package "OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.3.0-2075.VIB-ESX40i_A00.9.zip" in the event ESXi U2 was/is not compatible with OMSA 6.2. Again, the installation completed with no issues but, I am unable to connect from a different Windows box running OMSA v6.3.

Can anyone shed some light as to why the connection is not occurring.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucasAlbers
Expert
Expert

You need to set the 2nd uservar, which is unset after the first boot.

and then reboot and it will work.

I would use openmanage 6.1 or openmanage 6.3, as they appear to work better than 6.2.

See the dell download notes for 6.3.

I have used both for 4.0u2 and 4.0u2 + next patch.

0 Kudos
smokey71
Contributor
Contributor

Lucas,

Thanks for the response.

I have set the CIM options correctly. I went as far as setting them via CLI as well. I have rebooted numerous times and the settings remain correct. I am still unable to connect to either ESXi host. I can connect to ESX hosts without issues which makes this extremely frustrating.

I have checked other threads as well but nothing seems to work for our ESXi hosts.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
LucasAlbers
Expert
Expert

Uninstall 6.2.

Install 6.3 or 6.1

They work better.

You probable have a corrupt instal, I have had this exact issue with that resolution.

Verify all the uservars options are set from the vi client.

smokey71
Contributor
Contributor

The riddle has been solved. I overlooked the "Remote Enablement" section of the Dell OpenManage Server Administrator installer. If you select the link "Click here to configure HTTPs listener for Windows Remote Management", it will install the prerequisites for ESXi connectivity and management.

0 Kudos