VMware Cloud Community
vfk
Expert
Expert

Dell ESXi 5.1 u2 Image for Update Manager

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is Dell ESXi 5.1 u2 Image for Update Manager?  I have download the following image Driver Details | Dell US - but I get the following error : The uploaded upgrade package cannot be used with VMware vSphere Update Manager.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
5 Replies
WessexFan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Doesn't look like it, mate.

pastedImage_1.png

VCP5-DCV, CCNA Data Center
0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert

Thanks, Dell makes their own images and only published on Dell's website.  I don't I have ever seen a Dell image on VMware website.  The only image I can find for Dell is the recovery image which is full install and not compatible for Update Manager.  I have download the 5.5 version from Dell's website and that works fine.  I am just a bit lazy and don't really want to build one using the image-builder.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
WessexFan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

"Dell makes their own images and only published on Dell's website" - One of the many many reasons, I went to UCS from Dell R720s Smiley Happy - Good luck. Agreed about Image Builder hahaha!

VCP5-DCV, CCNA Data Center
0 Kudos
JPM300
Commander
Commander

Hey vfk,

Yeah I only found the same thing, the recovery installation ISO.  You could create your own image with all the dell drivers from the module your working with.  I saw all the drivers and software listed on Dells site for the R920's so you could just use the base image and incorperate all the vibs to make a custome image then dump it out to a ISO or vib.

Let me know if you have any questions on it.  Its a pain in the back end but an option if you want to use Update Manager to upgrade.

vfk
Expert
Expert

WessexFan Cisco UCS is nice, but UCS environments also has it quirks, but maybe the next hardware refresh...

JPM300 I have download the recovery image, I think I will just do a fresh install, the configuration is very simple, nothing fancy and no advanced settings.

0 Kudos