VMware Cloud Community
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Deleted a storage volume on the SAN before deleting on the host

A vm was deleted and the storage volume was no longer needed.  I went into the Equallogic SAN configuration page and took the volume offline, then deleted it.  I forgot that I needed to remove it from the VM Hosts first.  Does anyone know how I can get the hosts (which no longer show the volume) to stop trying to connect to it so I will stop getting the errors on the SAN?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
danpalacios
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I figured out how to get the host to stop asking the SAN for a volume that no longer exists.

The Storage Volume was no longer listed on the Configuration > Storage > Statstores list so I went to the Configuration > Storage Adapters > Device list and selected the iSCSI Host Bus Adapter.  When looking in the Details below, the storage volume in question was not listed, but when I selected Properties and looked in the Static Discovery tab, I found the deceased volume in the Target Name list.

Selecting it there and hitting the Remove button cleared it up.  In my case, I had to rinse and repeat across 4 cards on two seperate hosts, but that did the trick.

0 Kudos
SG1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

we found another way of doing from the communites ..that is esxcfg-scsidevs -o <naaid>

HTH

~Sai Garimella

0 Kudos