VMware Cloud Community
Skolnick2011101
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Deep Security ESXi Virtual Appliance Preparation

Hello,

I'm not sure this is the best place to ask this question. But, I've been trying to install the Deep Security Virtual Appliance, but when I try to prepare the ESXi from the Deep Security Manager (the Deep Security Manager is a virtualized VM in Workstation) I get the following error: "Failed to download offline bundle .zip. Please ensure that the ESX server can connect to XXXXXXXXX on port 4119." I've disabled the Windows Firewall on both the VM and the physical machine hosting it. Has anyone ever worked with Deep Security? Any idea how can I solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Calvin_Mangubat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You also have to make sure that the ESX server can communicate with the Deep Security Manager. During the preparation process, the DSM gives the vCenter a temporary URL to the filter driver. vCenter then passes this information on to the ESX server which is then responsible for downloading the driver onto itself.

Trying pinging the DSM from the ESX command line and see if you can reach it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Do you have a licensed version? You also need vShield endopoint license.

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
Skolnick2011101
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yep, have the vShield Endpoint license and had the vShield Endpoint installed on the ESX

0 Kudos
lhanley
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When you installed Deep Security Manager, did you have the FilterDriver-ESX zip and the Appliance-ESX zip in the same folder as the Manager-Windows exe?

If not, you will have to upload those into the Manager before preparing the ESX hosts. You can check if the zip bundles are there by going into System > Updates > View Imported Software

Calvin_Mangubat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

You also have to make sure that the ESX server can communicate with the Deep Security Manager. During the preparation process, the DSM gives the vCenter a temporary URL to the filter driver. vCenter then passes this information on to the ESX server which is then responsible for downloading the driver onto itself.

Trying pinging the DSM from the ESX command line and see if you can reach it.

0 Kudos
Skolnick2011101
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Took me a while to get back on this installation. But it was a communication problem, an issue with the DNS, the esx couldn't find the DSM. Having a completely different problem now that that's fixed though. If there are any DS experts around.

0 Kudos