VMware Cloud Community
stevan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Datastore not found after reinstalling ESXi7

I reinstalled ESXi 7 which is installed on two virtual mirrored drives (Dell R630). I used the same host name and IP address as before. The ESXi install created a new datastore on my VMware OS drive, when I rescan my Perc H730 controller does not see my drives RAID 5 that make up my old datastore.  How do i get it to see my old datastore named VM Datastore?

I tried to recreate a new datastore but it does not show any storage space aval. except for the datastore space that's in the OS install drive.  How do i get it to see my old datastore named VM Datastore?

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update somehow my virtual drive was lost. So I have to create a new raid drive for my OS and Datastore and reinstall ESXi.  Case closed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stevan44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update somehow my virtual drive was lost. So I have to create a new raid drive for my OS and Datastore and reinstall ESXi.  Case closed

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

As this post needs moving to the area for ESXi, I have reported it to the volunteer moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos