VMware Cloud Community
binrip
Contributor
Contributor

Datastore missing after host raid array degraded

One of my esxi (6.7) Host motherboard failed due to power outage. I move old host hard disks to another dell server and import foreign raid configurations, and it boots the server and start esxi smoothly. When I login to new host after successful boot, via web browser  the datastore is missing. But device is shown under storage with normal state (screenshot1).

When I ssh in to shell and run following command: "esxcli storage vmfs snapshot list" it shows my datastore as snapshot. Please find attached screenshot 1.

Can anyone help me to restore  this datastore without any data lost. If I mount this datastore any data lost? Or how can i backup this data and access the datastore. I'm quite new to vmware, so apologies.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You are on the right track with the command you've used. VMware KB article https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1011387 ("Command line" section) shows how to mount the datastore from the command line.

The reason why the datastore doesn't get mounted automatically (to avoid possible data corruption) is that its signature is already known, but ESXi now sees the same datastore on another controller.

André

0 Kudos