VMware Cloud Community
Vacadeluna
Contributor
Contributor

Data Store missing/RAID Issues

We have a host that lost a drive on the RIAD. I was unable to get a new drive to sync up, so I moved what I could off of the host. I was 90% successful in doing so, how ever, 2 VMs are stuck on there and always fail a couple of minutes of trying to migrate them. I have tried using the converter and everything to try and get it to ignore the error with no luck. At this point, I cant even get the DS to show back up, and when trying to re-add it, it sits for a long time and nothing ever happens. Are these 2 VMs hosed and we need to start over, or is there some kind of magical genius out there that can help me save them???

We are running ESXi 6.0.0-2494585 Standard, and if you need anymore information please let me know!

0 Kudos
21 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Please show us:

hexdump -C /vmfs/devices/disks/naa.6d4ae520b1938000207d8ddb074f920c | less

Expected result : 00100000  0d d0 01 c0 06 00 00 00

0 Kudos
Vacadeluna
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it just says connection timed out...I think this is a lost cause at this point...probably a bad back plane considering how 2 drives decided to go bad at the same time AND a brand new drive would not sync up.

0 Kudos