VMware Cloud Community
winshenting
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Data Recovery For Backup ESX4 Issue

Today, My Data Recovery lost the connection with VC. Whenever I tried the reconnect it with VC. ERROR: Connect: BeginSession: Failed to authenticate Please make sure that the Data Recovery Appliance is turned on.

Actually my DR is on

What Shall I do

0 Kudos
4 Replies
whynotq
Commander
Commander

had similar a few times, restarting the appliance cleared it

0 Kudos
winshenting
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know this is the way possibly solve the problem. But I can not stand it a few times. Otherwise everyone I have to spend time restarting system. it is not good. It is known to all that the backup is running all time. Once the backup is lost during the midnight, it means that we will lose one day backup. It is frustrated.

0 Kudos
dkleeman
Contributor
Contributor

We had this problem when we were accessing the system from the VI Client installed on the VC server itself. It went away when we accessed the system from a separate client machine.

0 Kudos
RParker
Immortal
Immortal

Once the backup is lost during the midnight, it means that we will lose one day backup. It is frustrated.

Well maybe it is annoying and inconvenient, but there is NO other way to make it work. You can script the restart of the VDR (maybe before the backups start) to ensure that your backups are always running "fresh".

Until VM Ware fixes ALL the problems with VDR, what choice do you have? You want to run your backups with least amount of interruptions you have to restart the VDR, that's all you can do.

0 Kudos