VMware Cloud Community
DemianPrado
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Custom vSphere for HP Proliant dl180 free licence

Hello!

We´ve got a new HP dl180 server and downloaded the esxi custom image available "HP Custom Image for ESXi 6.0.0 GA Install CD". It installed smoothly but can´t find the free license anywhere in my downloads inside the VMWare account, and we are getting the 60 days trial period message. I guess I´m missing something somewhere and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Sorry if my english is a bit rusty, it certainly feels like that.

Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

Demian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stratomat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not sure where you got the idea that a hypervisor license was included with the HP Custom Image.  It isn't.  You have to use your "myvmware" login and account and request your free "hypervisor" license.  Once you do that, you can use it anywhere you want.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
stratomat
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not sure where you got the idea that a hypervisor license was included with the HP Custom Image.  It isn't.  You have to use your "myvmware" login and account and request your free "hypervisor" license.  Once you do that, you can use it anywhere you want.

0 Kudos
DemianPrado
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey! Yes, that´s what I thought. I logged in, checked in my downloads, the download was there but there was no information about a licence. Not sure where to "request" it, been searching for hours and I´m lost. I´d appreciate a bit more detailed instructions on how to request a free licence for this custon image.

Thanks, a lot.

Demian

0 Kudos
DemianPrado
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks I finally figured it out! You actually helped a lot, I found where to register the product.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos