parsdade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Creates a new VMFS datastore

Hi

i edit the partition and remove VMFS

parsdade_0-1611936061916.png

now when i need add new VMFS from new datastore as free space show this error : 

Create Vmfs Datastore
Key
haTask-ha-host-vim.host.DatastoreSystem.createVmfsDatastore-1166296040

Description
Creates a new VMFS datastore

State
Failed - Cannot change the host configuration.

Errors

i see must partedUtil setptbl /vmfs/devices/disks/diskid msdos 

of i do that all other partition and os lost ? 

how can regenerated vmfs from free space 

Thanks 

Labels (1)
  • in

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The VMFS partition needs to be recreated manually from the command line. Take a look at my reply at https://communities.vmware.com/t5/ESXi-Discussions/Error-creating-a-new-datastore/td-p/2306061. Please remember that this reply is specific for the user's case, and you need to adjust the device name, as well as the start, and end sector.
In doubt, run the commands that the I asked the user in the mentioned thread to run, and post the commands' output.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You definetely do NOT want to create a dos partitiontable - you need GPT for the *TB-size" VMFS

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The VMFS partition needs to be recreated manually from the command line. Take a look at my reply at https://communities.vmware.com/t5/ESXi-Discussions/Error-creating-a-new-datastore/td-p/2306061. Please remember that this reply is specific for the user's case, and you need to adjust the device name, as well as the start, and end sector.
In doubt, run the commands that the I asked the user in the mentioned thread to run, and post the commands' output.

André

0 Kudos
parsdade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I also do not want to create a DOS partition
In fact, at the time of creation, because the OS partitions are also on the same disk to me , return this error :

imageimage

0 Kudos
parsdade
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

Thanks we add vmfs with 

partedUtil add

and 

vmkfstools -C vmfs6 -S

0 Kudos