VMware Cloud Community
apurbabala
Contributor
Contributor

Create a VM which will take resources from two or more physical hosts

We are planning to create a virtual cloud using your VMware software solutions. I already download and installed Vmware ESXi 4.0 into two hysical hosts.

I also installed a Vcenter server in another pc. I am using the evaluation license.

- each of my physical host has the below HW configuration:

Intel core 2 duo 2.66 GHz

Ram - 2 x 2GB = 4GB

HDD - SATA 2 x 160GB = 320 GB

- i need to create a VM (virtual machine) which needs the below resources:

HDD = 300 GB

CPU = 4 core

RAM = 6GB

• now pls let me know the steps how do i create this where this VM will take the resources from two physical hosts.

if i can create VM which will take it's resource from multiple physical hosts then we have plan to purchase the whole solution within

this last quarter'2009.

Can anybody please helps me quickly pls

regards..

Apurba Bala

email: apurba.bala@mango.com.bd

contacts: +8801730068824

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

It is not possible - even in vSphere a VM can only run on one ESX server at a time and only pull resources from that host - if the host can not deliver the necessary resources, if DRS is active, can be moved to a host with the necessary resources -

looking at your VM needs I would suggest adding more resources to your ESX servers -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Your post has been moved to the ESXi forum.

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

Now available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL.

0 Kudos
apurbabala
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your quick respond.

Then how do i will share my physical resources within VMs. Does it meets the concept of cloud computing ? will u pls give your commets.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

With WM cloud computing you can create a shared pool of server resources to run your VMs, but a VM will still only run on a single server. from the end user perspective, the VM will be running in your cloud.

Dave

VMware Communities User Moderator

Now available - vSphere Quick Start Guide

Do you have a system or PCI card working with VMDirectPath? Submit your specs to the Unofficial VMDirectPath HCL.

0 Kudos