VMware Cloud Community
TheGazza
Contributor
Contributor

CoreDump Error on 3 esx6.7 at the same time

Hi all,

Since couple days, i'm facing errors on my production ESXi 6.7.

Exactly the same error message (see screenshots in attachment).

I'v read and apply many recommandations dealing with CoreDump file and partition, but no way; Host show PurpleScreen after about 5 min.

I need your assistance/support.

WilliamNN

Labels (1)
  • mp

0 Kudos
4 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
More details are required such as the Build being used, the type and model of the server.
If the server is a branded server, is the custom image from the manufacturer used?
Did you check the Hardware log?
The dump is the way that an operating system tries to capture data of a critical problem that is occurring in the system. In normal conditions the Dump should be written to disk, but this can also fail for various reasons.
The curious thing is that the problem is present in 3 servers at the same time, some work was made in the servers, like Frimware update, patch update or something in common. Are the 3 servers identical (same brand, model, resources) ?

What device does ESXi boot from, internal mechanical disk, SSD, USB key?

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
TheGazza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Infos requested. If the server is a branded server, is the custom image from the manufacturer used? - HPE BL460c gen9 running on VMware ESXi, 6.7.0, 17700523, installed with HPE Custom image Did you check the Hardware log? - Yes. No HW issues declared Are the 3 servers identical (same brand, model, resources) ? - Servers are identical (CPU, RAM, storage, firmware version, ... ) What device does ESXi boot from, internal mechanical disk, SSD, USB key? - Servers boots on internal mechanical disk (NL-SAS BR, WilliamNN
0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello
The build installed is the latest available, you used the VMware_ESXi_6.7.0_17700523_HPE_Gen9plus_670.U3.10.7.0.132_May2021.iso for your installation ?
link:
https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI67U3-HPE&productId=742

Did you perform an upgrade to get to Build 17700523 or is the ESXi installation from scratch?

I understand that the servers are not operational because they are continuously restarted. Can you perform a reinstall on a server with the VMware Standard iso build 17167734 ?

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
TheGazza
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Exactly, VMware_ESXi_6.7.0_17700523_HPE_Gen9plus_670.U3.10.7.0.132_May2021.iso is the one used.

Did you perform an upgrade to get to Build 17700523 or is the ESXi installation from scratch?

- Installed from scratch.

I have to mention that issue also occurs with the previous build (ESX 6.7U3d), after several months on normal working way. I've tried patches, CoreDump partition and file allocation, with non probant resolution.

By the end, I decided to rinstall ESXi from scratch.

That's the real situation.

Can you perform a reinstall on a server with the VMware Standard iso build 17167734 ?

- Do I try it?

Let me try it on one server. I'll revert to you.

Thx.

BR,

WilliamNN

0 Kudos