VMware Cloud Community
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Copy 1TB VM

I have a VM which has total 1TB storage located and they're on five different  LUNs. I am using FastSCP to copy the VM to another location, so when I copy each LUN to another location, then VM will recognize all  its drive itself or I have to manually assigned the VMDKs?

I have copied  VM's with one big LUN and it was able to read all its drive w/o an issue, but  this is the first time I am copying a VM which has data on 5 different LUNs, so  I am concerned. Any suggestions would be highly appreicated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You will most likely have to reconfigure the virtual machine to "see" the vmdk's on the other LUNs. Take a look at the configuration (vmx) file. The additional disks are usually attached with the absolute path, which contains the UUID of the VMFS datastore.

Make sure you don't have any snapshots on the disks, this would make things even more complicated.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

You will most likely have to reconfigure the virtual machine to "see" the vmdk's on the other LUNs. Take a look at the configuration (vmx) file. The additional disks are usually attached with the absolute path, which contains the UUID of the VMFS datastore.

Make sure you don't have any snapshots on the disks, this would make things even more complicated.

André

0 Kudos