Convert a RPM package to a correct ESX driver

Well,

Now I have a RAID5 Serial ATA II RAID|2420SA. Adaptec

gives a controller in a RPM package called

VMware-esx-drivers-scsi-aacraid-1.1.5-2433.i686.rpm. They say that this

rpm package serves for ESX 3.0 and up. But when I try to install, the

system says that "The CD provided is not a valid VMWare ESX Server

Driver CD"

It's not the same server that I spoke before.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That driver is for 32-bit versions of ESX only and it's not compatible with ESX 4. I can't find the 2420SA on Vmware's HCL either so unless the aacraid driver in ESX4 works you might just be out of luck.

===

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

jjcremades
Contributor
Contributor

Very Bad New...

I'm thinking another solution... Is it

possible emulate a RAID into ESX? That is, install ESX in one

HardDisk, and into the OS, configure it to write his contents into the

another HardDisk.

Another possibility is configure VM copies across the vCenter, is it a valid way? Thanks!

0 Kudos
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'm not sure it would help you since ESX still lacks the driver to access your SCSI adapter.

As for your second question, I'm not sure exactly what you mean? vCenter can clone and migrate VM's between datastores.

===

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
jjcremades
Contributor
Contributor

I was thinking if vCenter can create security cpoies of my VM and export their to a BackUp machine, for example

0 Kudos
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Not on its own, there are several third party applications that will provide backup and replication though, like Veeam Backup & Replication and Vizioncore vReplicator.

===

0 Kudos