VMware Cloud Community
Leviet1991
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Connection from Esxi and HPE MSA 2050

Hi masters,

I have two esxi hosts ( esxi 1 and esxi 2 ) and one HPE MSA 2050 SAN. My problem is any VM on esxi 1 when start, it's very slow or if i want to delete from disk any VM, it's stuck there ( status is always 0% ). But when i migrate VM to esxi 2, still keep the datastore is located on SAN, all VMs is run normally. I got this problem before and I already re-installed this esxi 1 once, at that time it is ok, but now the problem appear again.

I can't see any error log about esxi when it run.

Is there any solution for this problem ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jburen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Maybe you can compare the VIBs on both hosts. It could be that you are missing an essential VIB for communicating with your SAN.

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
5 Replies
jburen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Maybe you can compare the VIBs on both hosts. It could be that you are missing an essential VIB for communicating with your SAN.

Tags (1)
Leviet1991
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Mr.jburen

But can you tell me more detail about this, i see that "VIB stands for vSphere Installation Bundle", in my mind it's not config text file, so what i have to compare ?

Sorry about my stupid question but i'm newbie about vmware.

0 Kudos
Leviet1991
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah one more info is I tried to install a new Window Server VM on esxi 1, it run normally.

The problem just happen with VM i installed before.

I also try to migrate another VM from esxi 2 to esxi 1, and the problem is happened.

0 Kudos
jburen
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

With this kind of problem, I usually try to find differences between the hosts and/or VMs. If you SSH into your host you can run esxcli software vib list to get the list of installed VIBs. If you do that on both hosts you can compare both lists.

If you want to compare VMs you can investigate the .vmx file of both VMs. You can find this file on the datastore where your VM is located.

Leviet1991
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much, i understood.

Let me try.

0 Kudos