VMware Cloud Community
srednausab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Connecting a VMKernel NIC to a standard vSwitch so I can view the ESXI Host Client page on a VM gues

I have a standalone ESXi 7.0 host system and I want one of my VM guests to be able to display the ESXi Host Client web pages.

My thinking is that if I create another VMKernel NIC and attach it to the system's standard vSwitch, then I should be able to view the ESXi Host page from any of the VM guests attached to that vSwitch.  The VMkernel NIC and VM guests will all be on the 192.168.50.x/24 network.

Is this possible?

What issues may I encounter by doing this and, if so, how can I circumvent them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ongweijie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You could do so, provided if it is on a different network address and VLAN.

If your current management vmkernel is already running on 192.168.50.x/24, you simply just have to create another port group with the same VLAN, then attach the port group to the VMs. On the VMs, simply configure 192.168.50.x/24 network. You should be able to access your vSphere environment.

If my answer has successfully addressed your issue, kindly mark it as RESOLVED. If it has provided valuable assistance, consider giving it a KUDOS. Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ongweijie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You could do so, provided if it is on a different network address and VLAN.

If your current management vmkernel is already running on 192.168.50.x/24, you simply just have to create another port group with the same VLAN, then attach the port group to the VMs. On the VMs, simply configure 192.168.50.x/24 network. You should be able to access your vSphere environment.

If my answer has successfully addressed your issue, kindly mark it as RESOLVED. If it has provided valuable assistance, consider giving it a KUDOS. Thanks