VMware Cloud Community
nathan_bdc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Connect NX3240 to R740

I'm fairly comfortable setting up VMware, but some things I just don't know like adding storage.

I'm able to setup and configure the Dell R740 and access the NX3240 storage system (with Windows 2016 Storage Server) and they are both connected only using ethernet cables to a switch. Now I need the R740 to see the NX3240 as a datastore. I can't find a way to add it in as VMFS storage, or I may be completely overlooking/overthinking it.

Is it even possible to add it as a datastore?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.

The following link, could be useful

Configuring iSCSI Storage (Step by Step Guide)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7pGqkBFEqs

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.
Your explanation is not clear, but I am understanding that you want to configure the Dell R740 Server  that has VMware installed  with VMware to Storage (NX3240 NAS Windows Server). Is that what you need?

If this is what you need you should:
Configure ISCSI Software on The ESXI Host
Configure a new lun for the ESXi Host and assign it to the ESXi on the Storage

Enrique Espinel
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
nathan_bdc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"configure the Dell R740 Server  that has VMware installed  with VMware to Storage (NX3240 NAS Windows Server). Is that what you need?"

Yes, basically.

I looked around for what you mentioned, but not really finding anything helpful. Do you know where I can find the steps you mentioned? 

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.

The following link, could be useful

Configuring iSCSI Storage (Step by Step Guide)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7pGqkBFEqs

Enrique Espinel
0 Kudos