VMware Cloud Community
Jamiestarr38
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Configuring Backup Exec 12.5 and VCB with Windows 2008 64-Bit

Hello Everyone

Trying to install VMware Consolidated Backup 1.5 update 1 with Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows 2008

64-Bit Server. Having a difficult time getting the configuration to work. When I try to do a restore thru vCenter

I am getting "VMware Converter not found"

I did install Converter Stand Alone to the server but I am still getting the same error.

Could some please provide the process of configuring VCB and Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows 2008

64-Bit server?

Thanks in advance....

Gerald S.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
J1mbo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Sounds like you need to install vCentre Converter (on the vCentre server itself) from what's been said.

Please award points to any useful answer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
J1mbo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Sounds like you need to install vCentre Converter (on the vCentre server itself) from what's been said.

Please award points to any useful answer.

0 Kudos
Jamiestarr38
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. That is the problem, I did install vCenter Stand Alone on the Backup Exec ser/VCB Proxy server, but I am still having this issue.

Is there any gotchas concerning configuring Backup Exec with VCB on a Windows 2008 64 bit server?

0 Kudos
danm66
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

What j1mbo is saying, is that you need to get Converter Enterprise installed within vcenter server...not the standalone. To install it, run the autorun.exe from the vcenter server installation media and choose Enterprise Converter, then walk through the installation.