VMware Cloud Community
snowmizer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Configure UCS/VMWare integration

We are implementing a new Cisco UCS system with 4 B-series blades running ESXi 5.0 Update 2. All was good until I tried connecting my new hosts to vCenter (version 5.0 Build 804277). The hosts initially appeared to connect fine. However, after awhile I noticed that they hosts would go to a "not responding" state every 15 minutes or so and then disconnect. They would eventually reconnect but then disconnect again.

Is there some configuration I have to do in either in the Cisco UCS Manager GUI or on vSphere to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I have moved this to a more appropriate forum - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
snowmizer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After working with a Cisco tech on this issue this morning we were able to resolve the issue. Basically the person who helped us set this up had me use pin groups to tie my DMZ traffic to a particular port/NIC. This caused issues with the designated broadcast. To resolve we had to use the VLAN manager in UCS and pin the physical NIC to the DMZ vlan and remove the pin groups.

0 Kudos