VMware Cloud Community
nblr06
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Configure ESXi Dump Collector on NSX-T VDS vmk?

(i guess my question belongs to the "ESXi discussion")

here's the problem,

my infrastructure is under the deployment of VCF4.1 and the ESXi hosts' version is 7.0.1

there are only one virtual distributed switch in the environment which is created by VCF and the NSX-T VTEP kernel is created for each server nodes. as shown in figure below, it's one of the nodes.

nblr06_1-1610092904953.png

I didn't choose to deploy the NSX-T inthe  VCF cloud builder "bring-up" process and it seemed that the NSX-T VTEP IP addresses are not working/pingable therefore I can only assume that the NSX-T VTEP kernel is not using any vmnic.

my question is:

I was trying to configure "ESXi Dump Collector"(described here) to send esxi coredumps to a remote syslog server but the ESXi host cannot contact the syslog server. the screenshot is shown in figure below.

nblr06_2-1610093083410.png

so, does anyone know whether the ESXi Dump Collector can configure on "NSX-T VDS" or not?The collector was set on vmk0, not NSX-T vmkernel in my infrastructure, can't this work?

(the official document said that "ESXi Dump Collector is not supported to be configured on a VMkernel interface that is running on a NSX-T N-VDS switch. ")

anyone can help? thanks~

Labels (1)
  • )

0 Kudos
0 Replies