VMware Cloud Community
qaz_lr
Contributor
Contributor

Configuration issues, cannot synchronize host xxx

We have a ESXi4 server setup and every day we get the error "configuration issues, cannot synhronize host xxx operation timed out". When that happens all the VM's on that server go unresponsive. Our only recourse is to power down the server (normal shut down just hangs during the shutdown process".

I did a search here for those key words and came up blank. Any thoughts or ideas?

I'm guessing it is a hardware issues of some sort. We are running on a Lenovo desktop model 6075AGU, duo core 2.33 e6550, 8GB RAM and ESXi is running off of a USB jump drive. We have a 2nd server on identical hardware running the same way (USB drive) and that server has zero issues.

Thanks....

0 Kudos
4 Replies
danm66
Expert
Expert

In the client, you can view the system logs, post the messages here from the time period that it fails.

0 Kudos
AnatolyVilchins

That's not a server, it's a desktop running server software, I'm not surprised you're having problems - have you come across VMWare's HCL?

from http://serverfault.com/questions/99646/configuration-issues-cannot-synchronize-host-xxx

Starwind Software Developer

www.starwindsoftware.com

Kind Regards, Anatoly Vilchinsky
0 Kudos
qaz_lr
Contributor
Contributor

Indeed.. on the desktop/server. It is just for our testlab so I'm not too concerned.

I did swap the desktop hardware yesterady, so far, 24 hours later, it is still working :).

If it does hang again, I'll update with some log information.

Thanks...

0 Kudos
ITCBangalore
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all..

I am getting following error in the summary tab of the esx server.

HA Agent on x.x.x.x in Cluster xxxx has an error : Cannot complete the HA configuration

Cannot synchronize host x.x.x.x(IP Address) Operation Timeout..

Esx also goes to the disconnected state..has any body faced this error before

Pls help

0 Kudos