VMware Cloud Community
alessiodifazio
Contributor
Contributor

Compatibility ESXI 5 with processor intel i7-5500U

Hi, I would like information about the compatibility of ESXI 5 with the next processor intel i7-5500U. In the section VMware compatibility is not listed, I do not know if it is the processor that is so new and so the site is not updated VMware or actually not really compatible. There are other compatible processors i7 Series (Intel i7-2655 LE - Intel i7-3600 QE - Intel i7-4700 Series EQ) prior to i7-5500U, I would not make an unnecessary purchase.

Thanks in advance for a possible answer.

Alessio

6 Replies
pterlisten
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

the CPU was launched in Q1 2015, so I think the HCL should have been updated in the meantime. Smiley Wink But the  Intel Core i7-5500U is an ULV CPU, focued on mobile or low-voltage clients. Nothing you would put into a server. And because of this, the chance is high that this CPU is not validated and added to the HCL.

0 Kudos
alessiodifazio
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Patrick, okay HCL is not listed, but you think the Intel i7-5500U bears ESXI 5.5 or 5.5?

Thank you

Alessio

0 Kudos
pterlisten
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi.

can't see why the  i7-5500U should not work. I used other CPUs with ESXi 4.x/ 5.x/ 6.x that were not listed on the HCL. But I can't guarantee it. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
alessiodifazio
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Patrick

0 Kudos
pterlisten
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You're welcome! Don't forget to mark the correct answer.

0 Kudos
alessiodifazio
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, when I buy the PC and install VMware'll let you know how it went Smiley Wink