VMware Cloud Community
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Cluster freaking out about datastores

I'm trying to prep for wiping out an EQ SAN so I can change it from raid 50 to raid 10. I've moved the few remaining VMs to local datastores, then I unmounted the datastores from the hosts (except HA datastores) and set the volumes offline on the eq. I started seeing a lot of timeouts with everything I tried to do after that, and then I found this doc on properly unpresenting LUNs:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=200460...

I figured my best bet would be to reverse the process, so I set the datastores back online but I can't mount them. I'm trying to rescan, but it's stuck "in progress" for an unbelievable amount of time.

What is the best way to fix? No production VMs on it, but really hoping I don't have to start from scratch.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
zenking
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I had to power off each host manually with the power button, but they came back up and behaved.

VMWare Environment: vSphere 7.0, EQ PS6210 SANs, Dell R730 Hosts, dedicated Dell switches w/ separate vlans for vmotion and iscsi.
0 Kudos