VMware Cloud Community
twahl
Contributor
Contributor

Cloned Server 2003 R2, Set Administrator Password During Clone, Can't Log in with Cloned Password

I've cloned a Server 2003 R2 VM. During the clone I specified a new administrator password (I thought). When cloned powered up I ended up logging in with the administrator password of the source vm of the clone not the password that I specified. What password am I actually setting during the clone process?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Terry

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Message was edited by: Troy Clavell - Ignore my post, it was regarding W2K8, not W2K3

0 Kudos
pcerda
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

Have you downloaded the sysprep files to W2k3?

Regards / Saludos

-

Patricio Cerda !http://www.images.wisestamp.com/linkedin.png!

VMware VCP-410

Join to Virtualizacion en Español group in Likedin

See My Blog

See My Linkedin Profile

-

Si encuentras que esta o cualquier otra respuesta ha sido de utilidad, vótalas. Gracias.

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer helpful or correct. Thank you.

Regards / Saludos - Patricio Cerda - vExpert 2011 / 2012 / 2013
0 Kudos
twahl
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the appropriate sysprep file and during the cloning process I was able to access the 'Customize using the Customization Wizard' page of the 'Clone Virtual Machine' wizard.

Thanks,

Terry

0 Kudos
jcwuerfl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Your source Win08 server the admin password needs to be blank I believe so sysprep can change it.

0 Kudos