VMware Cloud Community
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Clariion/ESX Issue

This may be more of an EMC issue, but I thought I'd run it by anyone that's using a Clariion here.

We have 3 ESX 4 hosts connected to a Clariion CX3-10c. Last night we received some errors on one of the SPs.

- Storage Array Faulted Enclosure SPE : Cabling information differs between SPs; may indicate disconnected cabinets.

- Disk Processore Enclosure (Enclosure SPE) is faulted. Servers may have lost access to disk drives in this storage system. See Navisphere Manager Alerts for details.

- Navisphere can no longer manage (SP A). This does not impact server I/O to the storage system. See Navisphere Manager Alerts for details.

Nothing changed physically on our system. We have 3 ESX hosts that are connected to this array. Following these errors the other SP got the error below.

'10.150.1.106' cannot be managed. All attempts to manage the system failed.Agent not running.

The IP referenced is one of our ESX hosts. I don't even know if we're running Clariion agents on our hosts. Can anyone shed some light on these? It didn't appear that we ever lost connection to our ESX hosts or virtual machines.

Thanks,

Scott

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you running Navisphere Agents on your ESX hosts? Sounds like you had a SP fail briefly. Do you have any trespassed LUNs visible within Navisphere console? You should definitely talk to EMC about this specific series of events.

VCP 3, 4

www.vstable.com

VCP 3, 4 www.vstable.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
joshp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you running Navisphere Agents on your ESX hosts? Sounds like you had a SP fail briefly. Do you have any trespassed LUNs visible within Navisphere console? You should definitely talk to EMC about this specific series of events.

VCP 3, 4

www.vstable.com

VCP 3, 4 www.vstable.com
0 Kudos
Rumple
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Either you have had an issue with your SP, or you have an uplink cable or controller failure. I've had ther same thing happen in the past where SPB loses contact with SPA so logging into SPB shows A offline and vice versa.

I would ensure a call home event was generated and get EMC on the line to take a look to find out what is going on...

AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

With vSphere an a "recent" Flare version the Navisphere agent is no longer required.

Seem a big problem on your storage, so contact EMC support as soon as possible.

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your advice. I just opened a ticket with EMC.

0 Kudos