VMware Cloud Community
GAPCABIV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Changing Max Concurrent Cloning Operations

Hello,

In the next couple of weeks I an going to be testing a new converged platform for our vSphere 5.1 environment.  I have built a couple of DCs and a vCenter VM that I will import into the new environment for testing and I have a few templates and vApps that I will use to build out the environment.  The vendor has promised tons of bandwidth and tons of IOPS so I would like to put this to the test by deploying tons of VMs simultaneously.

Currently the max concurrent operations for something like deploying new VMs is 8 which I can accomplish in my existing environment.  I really want to do something to push this test environment to it's maximum so I am hoping to find a way to tell my test vCenter that it is OK to clone...... hmmmmm let's say 25 VMs at one time.

Does anyone know in vCenter 5.1 where I would go to make such a change or what I would add to the "Advanced Settings" parameters?  It seems in vCenter 4.1 and before that it was in the vpxd.cfg but in 5.1 that seems to no longer be the case.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jayden56
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

Welcome to the communities.

This PDF might help you and resolve all your query .

https://www.vmware.com/pdf/convsa_51_guide.pdf

0 Kudos