VMware Cloud Community
ITMgrWynne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Certificate Status Alarm

Two hosts are running VMware ESXi, 6.7.0, 14320388. I keep getting Certificate Status Alert. Where do I check my certificate status and how to I update the certificate? Thanks!

cert1.png

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ITMgrWynne
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Both Hosts show Certificate is valid for a couple years still.

cert3.pngcert2.png

0 Kudos
Arthos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Though I couldn't get much from the pictures. This is what i think is happening. 

The Alarm picture shows the alarm is for vcenter object and not for ESXi. You should check the cert expiry detail in vcenter by navigating to administration -> certificate

Next picture shows cert validity for ESXi namely for -esxi02.corp.. and esxi01.corp and issued by the vcenter. There is no problem with your esx certs.

if the response helps, consider marking it as helpful.

0 Kudos
yotadude1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need to follow this KB to examine your vCenter certificate statuses. In the KB there are links to resolving each type of expired certificate

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/82332

0 Kudos
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Run this one liner from vCenter shell, it will show all certificates in the store, including expiry:

for i in $(/usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vecs-cli store list); do echo STORE $i; sudo /usr/lib/vmware-vmafd/bin/vecs-cli entry list --store $i --text | egrep "Alias|Not After"; done

Regards,
Chris
VCIX-DCV 2023 | VCIX-NV 2023 | vExpert *** | CCNA R&S
0 Kudos