VMware Cloud Community
kobster01
Contributor
Contributor

Centralized SAN in MPLS

Hi,

i have 3 esxi which 2 are located in Site A and 1 located in Site B.

The Nodes are located at Site A on its own SAN subnet. Both sites are inter-connected via MPLS network managed by the ISP.

Site A - Management ( 192.168.1.x ), SAN iScsi ( 192.168.78.x )

Site B - Management & SAN iScsi ( 192.168.0.x ) different nic but same subnet

Everything is in production and working at Site A, but however i'd like to attached the volume from the esxi in Site B, the iscsi initiated correctly i can see the volume in iscisi static discovery, i can ping the SAN from 192.168.0.x and vice versa but  there's nothing populated in devices under storage adaptor and when try to attached the datastore there's nothing show in the list.

I've never done a remote connection to a SAN through a MPLS network before, i dont know if there's anything needs to be done at the ISP level or perhaps there is some limitation that the SAN iscsi must be connected via the same subnet.

i'm sure that i've complicated the problem to confuse myself already but i'd like to see if anyone can provide some tips and comments to help me to resolve the issue.

tried contact vmware, and they refuse to help as i bought the licenses off HP, HP is trying to help but i'd like to see if there's anyone has try or done a similar thing like this.

Thanks,

kobs

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
tomtom901
Commander
Commander

In the end, the iSCSI initiator uses TCP port 3260 to discover devices on the storage array. Check if that port might be closed from site A to site B.

0 Kudos