VMware Cloud Community
brikeyes12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Capacity Planner 3.0 under objects next to hostname I see a mac address( in the SN field) that looks virtual why?

I am seeing this , does this mean that the server is already virtulized ?ZZCapture.GIF

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To me this looks more like a virtual machine running on an ESX host rather than the host itself!? This would explain the Serial Number with "VMware" and the UUID.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please provide some details about the host's hardware (e.g. vendor/model). What's running on this host?

André

0 Kudos
brikeyes12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks for the reply ! is is ruiing esx 4.0 on a Dell 710 , mostly windows guests and some unix

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

To me this looks more like a virtual machine running on an ESX host rather than the host itself!? This would explain the Serial Number with "VMware" and the UUID.

André

0 Kudos
brikeyes12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yes what I am almost %100 sure of is this is a VM guest OS , due to the serial number showing a vmware genereated MAC, I dont have access to the physical server as they are in Afganistan and dont have rights to login to them to confirm that they are a VM, THIS IS A VM GUEST ! I just needed to be sure and check with someone before I DELETED it from capacity planner .!

thanks!!!

0 Kudos