VMware Cloud Community
kbmj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cant login to VSpere Central Server

I have two ESXi 5.5 servers with hypervisor installed. One server has two virtual machines and the other one. I am new to VMWare and virtual machines. I purchased the Essentials kit so I could have the storage APIs for backups and for central management. I installed the Central Server on one of the virtual machines using the simple install. I put in the IP address  in the Sphere Client of the central server and administrator user name and password. It will not let me login. I have tried every combination of username and password that I can think of. I tried the password you have to put in during installation and the domain password and the local password. None of the user password combinations will allow me to login to manage the servers. I am not sure what to do at this point.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vJJSosa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI, did you try with the user "administraror@vsphere.local"? This user is created in the installation, you need to get access and then grant access to another users.

Regards

[VCAP5-DCA, VCP3/4/5, VCP-DT4, MCITP Network Infrastructure, HP ASE Bladesystem]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vJJSosa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HI, did you try with the user "administraror@vsphere.local"? This user is created in the installation, you need to get access and then grant access to another users.

Regards

[VCAP5-DCA, VCP3/4/5, VCP-DT4, MCITP Network Infrastructure, HP ASE Bladesystem]
0 Kudos
kbmj
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Lifesaver. Thanks

0 Kudos