VMware Cloud Community
sagar666
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cant able to see disk format option while creating a VM

Hi,

When i am trying to create VM i can't able to see disk format options (Thin Provision ) Not only on one host  its happened for all hosts, clusters, data center in Vcenter and and all datastores. Before it was working fine from yesterday onwards i am not able see. How do we enable this option. What is the root cause of this issue.

Please help me out VMware Guru's. Since we have very limited resources we must have to select thin provision only if any New vm requests.

Work around: Enabled Storage Profile in one of the cluster and tried but no luck

All are licensed and showing same

Recent change Activity is done in our end is  added to new data store.

Please see the below screen shot for your reference.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

continue to "Select a Disk" section and there under Create a Disk task you will have an option under "Disk Provisioning" to select desired disk type.

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vNEX
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

continue to "Select a Disk" section and there under Create a Disk task you will have an option under "Disk Provisioning" to select desired disk type.

_________________________________________________________________________________________ If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider to award points. (use Correct or Helpful buttons) Regards, P.
0 Kudos