VMware Cloud Community
avba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cant Open edit setting of any vm

I am receiving a timeout error whenever I try to edit Resource Allocation on my virtual machine. Error is below

Call "EnvironmentBrowser.QueryConfigOption" for object "1-envmgr" on ESXi " ESXi Name" failed.

I have tried from other servers and other operating system and other version of vsphere clients. There is only one esxi server here and we manage it as standalone.

A help will be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESX reboot solve the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Looks like you are facing issue similar to the issue reported in the following link, check if it helps. Post the logs if you could not find any hint

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/26747760/ESXi-4-1-Vsphere-Client-error.html

Also, check if it happens for only one virtual machine or all VMs.

Regards,
Suresh
https://vconnectit.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
avba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Its happening for all the vms. Shall I provide the viclient log !

I also checked the link but no help.

0 Kudos
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Please post the logs also when it was working fine and what was the recent changes ?

Regards,
Suresh
avba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please find the logs

No changes done

0 Kudos
SureshKumarMuth
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

[viclient:Error   :W:10] 2017-06-22 07:47:32.949  ConnectionError occurred while executing WFU

VirtualInfrastructure.Exceptions.ConnectionError: The request failed because the server 'bei-esxi01' closed the connection. (The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server.)

<Message>No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.24.90.16:443</Message>

viclient:Error   :P:26] 2017-06-22 07:47:42.316  RMI Error Vmomi.Core.PropertyCollector.CancelWaitForUpdates - 169

<Error type="VirtualInfrastructure.Exceptions.ConnectionError">

<Message>The request failed because of a connection failure. (Unable to connect to the remote server)</Message>

<InnerException type="System.Net.WebException">

<Message>Unable to connect to the remote server</Message>

<InnerException type="System.Net.Sockets.SocketException">

<Message>No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.24.90.16:443</Message>

<ErrorCode>10061</ErrorCode>

<NativeErrorCode>10061</NativeErrorCode>

<SocketErrorCode>ConnectionRefused</SocketErrorCode>

</InnerException>

<Status>ConnectFailure</Status>

</InnerException>

<Title>Connection Error</Title>

<InvocationInfo type="VirtualInfrastructure.MethodInvocationInfoImpl">

<StackTrace type="System.Diagnostics.StackTrace">

<FrameCount>6</FrameCount>

</StackTrace>

<MethodName>Vmomi.Core.PropertyCollector.CancelWaitForUpdates</MethodName>

<Target type="ManagedObject">PropertyCollector:session[52d373bf-a41a-d08c-3101-d60d5f006d55]52e00c54-1ec1-1652-0218-45cf205c2f66 [bei-esxi01]</Target>

</InvocationInfo>

<WebExceptionStatus>ConnectFailure</WebExceptionStatus>

<SocketError>ConnectionRefused</SocketError>

</Error>

Looks like server not responding in a proper manner. Is it possible for you to reboot the ESXi host ? since, you are able to launch vsphere client session which works on port 443, I dont think this issue is not related to port 443.

Regards,
Suresh
0 Kudos
avba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No sorry We didn't get the ESXi downtime as its a standalone ESXi and many vms are there.

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

To clarify, you have no vCenter? You are directly connecting through the vSphere client or HTML Fling?

If you haven't connected directly to the host via the vSphere client, I would recommend that as I'm unsure if you have a vCenter. If you have only a single ESXi host, I would suggest restarting the hostd service as that will not impact VMs on the host.

Restarting the Management agents in ESXi (1003490) | VMware KB

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
0 Kudos
avba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Already restarted the hostd and other management services.

We are directly connecting the esx through vsphere client through root.

0 Kudos
TechMassey
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Sorry to hear that then. It sounds like an ESXi host reboot is the only option. Best to plan for the best time to do the reboot and plan a shutdown/startup order. Situations like these are good opportunities to discuss possible expansion of redundancy with an additional host with vCenter to avoid the issue in the future. Additional costs but saves pain down the road. 

Please help out! If you find this post helpful and/or the correct answer. Mark it! It helps recgonize contributions to the VMTN community and well me too 🙂
avba
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESX reboot solve the issue.

0 Kudos