VMware Cloud Community
NigelFL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot see 2nd server drive set in VM world

I amd new to vmware as of this week!. I just installed onto Dell T610 Server. Seems all OK except. I have 6 physical SAS disks in server. (2) 140GB in RIAD 1 config and (4) 500GB in RAID 5 config. The controller is a PERC H700. The plan is to have 2 mirrored drives as boot drive and other for drives as data. The controller has the 2 group of drives set up a 2 virtual sets. Installed VMware Sphere 5 onto mirror drive set. Both drive sets were found on installation.  Once installed client on a PC and started it on saw a datastore for mirrored set were I stored vmware. The remaing RAID 5 data drive set cannot be seen.

Is this because I have to add them in Vmware somehow or are they configure wrong. Do they need to be 1 group of 6 disks. I sure I am getting this virtualization setup!!!!

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wdroush1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vSphere > Configuration > Storage > Add Storage > Disk/LUN > Choose your unused disks?

I'm assuming you just need to format and provision your second datastore, have fun! Welcome to virtualization. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wdroush1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

vSphere > Configuration > Storage > Add Storage > Disk/LUN > Choose your unused disks?

I'm assuming you just need to format and provision your second datastore, have fun! Welcome to virtualization. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
NigelFL
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

wdroush1 thanks for quick reply - Right on target. That fixed my issue. Many thanks :smileylaugh:

0 Kudos