VMware Cloud Community
lanwan
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot power up a 1-cpu VM

Hi all, this my very first post. I am running an ESXi lab, but cannot power up a 1-cpu VM. I get the error "The operation is not allowed in the current connection state of the host."

I end up having to restart the host, for it to work. There are no CPU reservations on the VM. Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

check if help http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101226...

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

seems like some other test is working on the particular VM is there any pending task during that time?

0 Kudos
lanwan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thx for reply. My esx hosts are not on any drs cluster...

0 Kudos
lanwan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

No others test taking place on VM. Thx

0 Kudos
Walfordr
Expert
Expert

lanwan wrote:

Hi all, this my very first post. I am running an ESXi lab, but cannot power up a 1-cpu VM. I get the error "The operation is not allowed in the current connection state of the host."

I end up having to restart the host, for it to work. There are no CPU reservations on the VM. Any help is appreciated.

Can you please describe your full set up?

Which version of ESXi? Do you have any other guest that you can power on?  Is the Host in Maintenance mode? etc.

Screenshots would be helpful as well.

Robert -- BSIT, VCP3/VCP4, A+, MCP (Wow I haven't updated my profile since 4.1 days) -- Please consider awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.
0 Kudos