VMware Cloud Community
gciscol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot login ESXi after removing vmkernel

Hi Anyone can help to resolve the issue. I accidently removed VMkernel NIC and then cannot login esx host. Please see the below screenshot

Thank you!

gciscol_0-1623464351204.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ranjithbabhu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, 

Are you able to SSH the server if so you canAdd a new VMkernel network interface.

esxcli <conn_options> network ip interface add --interface-name=vmk<X> --portgroup-name=<my_portgroup>

And assign IPV4 address 

esxcli <conn_options> network ip interface ipv4 set --ipv4=<ip_address> --netmask=255.255.255.0 --type=<value> --interface-name=vmk<X>

Regards

Ranjithbabhu R 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The likely easiest way to fix this issue is to logon to the host's DCUI (direct console), and configure the Management Network from there.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ranjithbabhu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, 

Are you able to SSH the server if so you canAdd a new VMkernel network interface.

esxcli <conn_options> network ip interface add --interface-name=vmk<X> --portgroup-name=<my_portgroup>

And assign IPV4 address 

esxcli <conn_options> network ip interface ipv4 set --ipv4=<ip_address> --netmask=255.255.255.0 --type=<value> --interface-name=vmk<X>

Regards

Ranjithbabhu R 

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The likely easiest way to fix this issue is to logon to the host's DCUI (direct console), and configure the Management Network from there.

André

0 Kudos
gciscol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos