VMware Cloud Community
Chicojrman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot disable alarms

Running vsphere5.1, esxi5.1 have a vm that continues to show an alarm error from a previous engineer that I cannot edit what so ever. When I double click any of the definition alarms I cannot edit them for example "Virtual machine cpu usage" this engineer has his email in this definition and we do not have smtp relay setup and it is failing. I want to be able to remove his email account so that I do not see this error any more.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chicojrman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the fix, so if if highlight my vcenter server i was able to go in and remove this user and stop the errors from showing up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Are you editing the alarm after you select the Alarms> Definitions for your vCenter host (PR-VCENTER)?

0 Kudos
Chicojrman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yep, and it wont let me everything in all the definition alarms for this virtual machine are greyed out.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It sounds like your vCenter Server is a VM.   You still need to edit the alarm at the vCenter level rather than at the VM level (even for this VM).

0 Kudos
Chicojrman
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I found the fix, so if if highlight my vcenter server i was able to go in and remove this user and stop the errors from showing up.

0 Kudos