VMware Cloud Community
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot disable MOB in vSphere 5.5 (Option is greyed out)

Hi this is from a post formally logged by a user called Reist in 2017 approx. I have come across the same error....

Good day,

We are trying to disable the Managed Object Browser.  This solution Disable the Managed Object Browser (MOB) works good, but it is still checked checkbox in vmware client. We tried to restart ESXi host and VCenter, still the same. It doesn't work from CLI too:

~ # vim-cmd hostsvc/advopt/update Config.HostAgent.plugins.solo.enableMob bool false

(vmodl.fault.InvalidArgument) {

dynamicType = <unset>,

faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

invalidProperty = <unset>,

msg = "Received SOAP response fault from [<cs p:1f3042f8, TCP:localhost:443>]: updateValues

A specified parameter was not correct.

",

}

~ #

What can we do?

ESXi 5.5, VCSA 5.5

138147_138147.pngpastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fixed!!

Disabled by default in VS6, but enabled by default in vCenter 5.5. Can be disabled at the host following the many articles i seen, but i found a fix detailing how to disable it from vCenter. This was a PSN failure for us....

• C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vmware-vpx
  • Edit the vpxd.cfg file and add the following line under <vpxd> to disable MOB.

<enableDebugBrowse>false</enableDebugBrowse>

Requires the vcenter server service to be restarted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SkippT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Fixed!!

Disabled by default in VS6, but enabled by default in vCenter 5.5. Can be disabled at the host following the many articles i seen, but i found a fix detailing how to disable it from vCenter. This was a PSN failure for us....

• C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vmware-vpx
  • Edit the vpxd.cfg file and add the following line under <vpxd> to disable MOB.

<enableDebugBrowse>false</enableDebugBrowse>

Requires the vcenter server service to be restarted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos