thanks

Tracy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JonesytheGreat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you logged on to vCenter with an account that has Admin rights?

0 Kudos
joyb81
Contributor
Contributor

seems you are not having correct permission on a ID - which you are logged in...

Regards

Joy Banerjee

http://aikitsupport.com

0 Kudos
Tracyp
Contributor
Contributor

yep, logged on to the vcentre server as domain admin which has admin rights on the server

0 Kudos
JonesytheGreat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just because you have admin rights on the server does not mean that you have admin rights within VMware.  In vCenter, click Home --> Roles --> Then click "Administrator".  Make sure the account that you are logged in showing under here.

0 Kudos
Tracyp
Contributor
Contributor

yep, both the administrator and domain admins have perms

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
JonesytheGreat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Take a look at this post... Permission to perform this operation was denied on folder

What might be happening is that the user that you are logged in with might be a member of a different AD group that has more restrictive permissions in vCenter.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
joyb81
Contributor
Contributor

OK can you check - you can clear alarm from root id by logging into the vi client - just to check its not a permission issue or any other integration issues, also you can you try to restart management services of esxi host..

Regards

Joy Banerjee

0 Kudos
Tracyp
Contributor
Contributor

I installed powercli and tried to view the permissions of the folder "datacenters" but I dont seem to have a folder called that which is weird as it is what is noted in the error

0 Kudos
JulienSoulet
Contributor
Contributor

You need to have rights on the TOP of the vcenter.

You can create a Role with this privileges and create a new AD group to link with.

pastedImage_0.png

If you don't know where is the menu to create Roles

This way.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

J.

0 Kudos