VMware Cloud Community
Kooch
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot Passthrough PV114T Tape Drive...host see's controller

Host's Dell PowerEdge r710 running ESXi 4.1 Enterprise Plus with Dual Xeon 5570's 32GB ram

Controller is PERC H200 6GB SAS

Tape Drive is Dell PowerVault 114T Rackmount LTO 5 Drive

vCenter 4.1

Hopefully I'm just missing something easy like, I need to insert the appropriate drivers on the host, but I need to mount my PV114t LTO5 drive to my host as one of my VMs is a large imagery server which I receive monthly updates for vio LTO tape and is the only option. My host sees the SAS controller in the Passthrough config panel, but I cannot see the tape drive no matter what I do. I have searched the internet for information about this, but there is none to be had. Help.

Also, I will be posting another question regarding storage as I am in need of multiple Large capacity Storage iSCSI storage devices, but I am looking for the Best of the Least Expensive available, in other words <10k which obviously excludes things like Dell Equallogic etc. I know those types are very good but I am dealing with a Gov. agency and there is NO money available which means I will work very hard for the few $$ I will get budgeted.

Thank You for your help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kooch
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone? Ideas?

0 Kudos
lbazterrica
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!