VMware Cloud Community
ric111
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot Launch vSphere Client (HTML) - This site can't be reached

I tried both Chrome and Firefox got the same results even on different PC. Cleared browsing history that didn't make any difference. It have been working from the first day of setup.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

Please check whether there are any firewall rules or proxy settings.

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
ric111
Contributor
Contributor

Ive created a new firewall rule > WAN >TCP/UDP> Source Port (any) > Destination (VCSA IP address) > dest. port (443 & 80), same results.

However, if I try to access VMware Appliance Management ipaddress:5480, it seems to be working fine there.

Do you think this is a problem with DNS?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The error message says "IP address could not be found", so yes, please check for proper name resolution.

Are you able to access the UI by IP address, i.e. similar to accessing the Management page?

Also - as mentioned in the first reply - make sure that the URL is not redirected by a proxy setting.

André

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Check the following:

1. you should do DNS name resolution successfully: When you want to open with FQDN, the client must resolve the VCSA IP address

2. Try to open VAMI: http://VCSA_IP_ADDR:5480 and if you could check all the services status

3. Check the firewall settings of your web client's system. (or even antivirus built-in firewall, if you have)

4. Change your browser and check the system proxy settings

5. Check time setting of the client system and vCenter server.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
AveryFreeman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this same issue in an AD environment

I had to:

1. Shut down VCSA
  2. Unsign the dnssec zone

3. delete any references to VCSA in Windows dns server 
  4. Restart the domain controllers
  5. Create a single A reference to the static IP of VCSA (not sure if this necessary if VCSA is dhcp - probably not)
  6.  Start VCSA again

Then, and only then, would the hostname resolve and the SSO token be accurate

0 Kudos
NigamP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos