VMware Cloud Community
auser409
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can you change NMP and PSP from most recently used to round robin whilst the esxi server is still running

Excuse the question if this sounds really thick but i am new to the Multipath Module and Path Selection Policy, currently all my environment is set to MRU and i need to change it to RR, I also need to set IOPS to equal 1. I know i can change all this via powercli but i am not sure if this can be done while the ESXi host is running or does it need a reboot for the changes to take effect, I am planning to reboot all my hosts when i upgrade them later this year where i will change the default PSP to RR which i know needs a reboot. any comments welcome

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi there,

This can be done while the host is running and does not require a restart. No problems at all.

In regards to changing the default PSP - the only requirement to restart is so that the existing devices pick up the change to PSP. Newly presented devices will get the new PSP.

Hope this helps and kind regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThompsG
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi there,

This can be done while the host is running and does not require a restart. No problems at all.

In regards to changing the default PSP - the only requirement to restart is so that the existing devices pick up the change to PSP. Newly presented devices will get the new PSP.

Hope this helps and kind regards.

0 Kudos
auser409
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It does thank you, i just need to get my powercli correct now, thanks