VMware Cloud Community
carsi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't use 5.5 ESXi Free?

Hi guys,

I've got a question. I wanna use ESXi 5.5 my free license. I downloaded the installer and installed it on my server. But everytime I wanna connect via vSphere, I get a message, that I have 60 days left for activating ESXi otherwise it will not function.

How can I use my license key, so that my server can work longer than 60 days?

Best regards!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello,

this is a normal behavior.

Right now you're using a license in evaluation mode (all features enabled).

When the 60 days evaluation period is over, all the licensed features will be disabled, and some tasks (for example power on and off virtual machines) won't be permitted.

Then, you should change the evaluation license by a free esxi license, before the 60 days evaluation period expires.

Check this to get some information about this topic:

vSphere 5.5 Documentation Center

Best regards,

Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you connecting to it via vCenter or through the vSphere Client?

Duncan

------------

Book out soon: Essential Virtual SAN: Administrator's Guide to VMware VSAN (VMware Press Technology)

0 Kudos
carsi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi!

Via vSphere Client.

0 Kudos
Borja_Mari
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello,

this is a normal behavior.

Right now you're using a license in evaluation mode (all features enabled).

When the 60 days evaluation period is over, all the licensed features will be disabled, and some tasks (for example power on and off virtual machines) won't be permitted.

Then, you should change the evaluation license by a free esxi license, before the 60 days evaluation period expires.

Check this to get some information about this topic:

Best regards,

Pablo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE CONSIDER AWARDING any HELPFUL or CORRECT reply. Thanks!! Por favor CONSIDERA PREMIAR cualquier respuesta ÚTIL o CORRECTA . ¡¡Muchas gracias!! VCP3, VCP4, VCP5-DCV (VCP550), vExpert 2010, 2014 BLOG: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/VirtuallyAnITNoob
0 Kudos
carsi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you. I missed the small "Edit" Button in Licenses Smiley Happy

0 Kudos