VMware Cloud Community
rancor
Contributor
Contributor

Can't upgrade ESXi 4 from 3.5 - Failed to parse precheck result XML:

Hi.

I'm trying to upgrade to ESXi 4.0 from 3.5, fully patched but I got this error message all the time: "Failed to parse precheck result XML:", see attached screen shot.

I have restared both the host server and the client computer after installing the vSphere Host Update Utility 4.0

Is there any debug option to find out more about the error message? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Regards rancor

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Have you checked to verify that all your hardware is supported under ESXi 4. Check the hardware compatibility list.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
rancor
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it's a stock HP DL380 G5

// rancor

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

Any issues in the upgrade guide that may apply to your situation? vCenter server 32bit /64 bit? VT enabled in the BIOS. Any guest issues.

You could try reposting this in the vSphere upgrade installation area.

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
rancor
Contributor
Contributor

Every thing works perfectly in 3.5 so I proably don't need to upgrade but I like to have the latest.

I will try to post the same issue in vSphere upgrade installation area

Thanks for your help.

// rancor

0 Kudos
ehinkle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using the downloaded update tar file for the ESX4i upgrade or trying via just installing the latest patches?

0 Kudos
rancor
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I used the upgrade zip-package found at the ESXi 4.0 download page named "ESXi-4.0.0-0.4.164009-upgrade-release.zip"

This thread may be posted in wrong forum. I started a new thread (http://communities.vmware.com/thread/216993) that are in a more correct forum.

Please reply in that thread instead.

Moderator: May you close this thread?

Best regards rancor

0 Kudos