VMware Cloud Community
snippyy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't start ip-virtualization in Win server 2008 R2 (terminal server role) on ESXi 4.1 U1

Need help, pls

Can't start ip-virtualization in Win server 2008 R2 (terminal server role) on ESXi 4.1 U1. Terminal user session or programm doesn't receive IP from DHCP or static http://technet.microsoft.com/ru-ru/library/ee382306(WS.10).aspx.

ip.jpg

On ESXi 4.1 U1 hypervizor run configuration:

1. Win 2008 R2 Enterprise (10.0.0.3)

Roles:

Remote Desktop Servises (RDS) (IP-virtualization ON)

2. Win 2008 R2 Enterprise (10.0.0.2)

Roles:

- Domain servises AD

- DNS

- DHCP

3. Win 2008 R2 Enterprise (10.0.0.1)

Gateway Kerio Control 7.1.2

Terminal server events: looks like all good

events.jpg

There is an opinion that the reason can in that that the server to be started in the virtual environment.

Please, help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Have you tried uninstalling VMwareTools as a test? I remember at some point that there were some issue regarding VMwareTools and R2 IP-virtualization..

The VMCI driver provided by the tools was the issue as I recall..

/Rubeck

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welceom to the Community - I am assuming the second win2k8 server is what you want to use to provide the DHCP addresses - How do you have the networking set up for the 3 machines? Are they all connected to the same virtual machine port group? Any vlan tagging going on with the port groups?

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
snippyy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank's for answer, David.

There is network configuration:

net.jpg

0 Kudos
snippyy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi all

Today ill try to transfer servers (1) and (2) to separate virtual switch without tagging. But hasn't helped.

There are ideas?

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Have you tried uninstalling VMwareTools as a test? I remember at some point that there were some issue regarding VMwareTools and R2 IP-virtualization..

The VMCI driver provided by the tools was the issue as I recall..

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
snippyy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Tonight ill collacted the stand on real servers. IP-virtualization is works! 100% - problem was in ESXi.

Has then ill removed VMTools, as you have advised. Оuu!! It is a miracle! IP-virtualization works on ESXi!!!

You are a great mind!! As speak in our country - Вы замечательный умница!! Smiley Happy Unfortunately I can't precisely translate it.

You very much have helped me, I am grateful to you.

0 Kudos
snippyy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Amm ... but without vmtools too it is bad. There is what that alternative decision?

0 Kudos
Rubeck
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Try to do a custom install of VMwareTools and exclude the VMCI driver... 

/Rubeck

0 Kudos
snippyy
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

//Try to do a custom install of VMwareTools and exclude the VMCI driver...

//Rubeck

Chek this method. Thats better, its works! Thanks again

0 Kudos