VMware Cloud Community
Paul1010
Contributor
Contributor

Can't logon to the vCenter Server

Just had a strange problem.  Been able to logon to our vCenter server without any problem.  All of a sudden I am getting this message

Call "ServiceDirectory.QueryServiceEndpointList" for object "ServiceDirectory" on vCenter Server "<vCenter servername>" failed.

As far  as I can tell nothing has changed since the last time I logged into it.  Have done a google search and looked at the VMware KB's but cannot find this error anywhere.

Anyone else come across this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
piaroa
Expert
Expert

Do you get any other errors in the vpxd logs ?

Have you checked that your Active Directory is up? You can also check DNS resolution.

I can also suggest you restart the vCenter services (both).

If this post has been helpful/solved your issue, please mark the thread and award points as you see fit. Thanks!
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion

Have you tried restarting the services?

Also, are you sure there have been no IP / Network or DNS changes?

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
briwag
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sounds like there is an AD/DNS issue there somewhere.

Is the vCenter server still on the Domain and everything look good in DNS? Accounts locked out?

0 Kudos
Paul1010
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for all your suggestions, I did check all of your points prior to posting this.  I couldn't find anything wrong with AD, DNS etc.  I ended up restarting the services and that brought it back to life.  Still want to try and find out what the cause was but I think it's going to be a needle and haystack senario.

Agaain, thanks for your help.

0 Kudos