VMware Cloud Community
bkerouanton
Contributor
Contributor

Can't disable disk controller passthrough on ESXi 7.01

Hello,

I accidentally activated PCI passthrough on my PERC H730P main disk controller. Although I can manually disable it on the ESXi admin panel to restore access to my datastores and drives, the state is not saved and after rebooting the server, the passthrough is still activated.

Navigator/Host/Manage/Hardware/PCI Devices

Address: 0000:02:00.0,  Description: Broadcom PERC H730P Adapter,  SRV-IOV: Not capable, Passthrough: Disabled

After searching, I followed the instructions about checking esx.conf file in the state.tgz and local.tgz boot configurations, but there is no mention of "passthrough" or "vmkernel" in it, so I cannot fix the issue. The only mentions of those terms are in the sqlite database located in /local/etc/vmware/schemastore/schema-store.1 but it doesn't seem immediately related.

My setup is the following:, ESXi 7.0 Update 1, Vcenter Essentials 7.0.1, Dell PowerEdge T340 + PERC H730P.

Additionally, I'm wondering if I have customer support, since I bought the Vsphere Essentials last December and my portal page says I have support until 2023, but it seems I can't open an incident whenever I try. If anyone at VMware could answer me on this, I'd be glad.

Bruno

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
nikk2
Contributor
Contributor

any luck with that issue?

0 Kudos