VMware Cloud Community
c0nk3r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can't boot single VM after patching ESXi to 4.1.0, 800830

I patched a standalone ESXi host yesterday, resulting in a successful upgrade to ESXi 4.1.0, 800830.

The majority of my VMs booted fine but one fails to start with the following error (as the file specified doesn't exist(?)). As I haven't come across this before, and as I am short of time, could anyone offer any nuggets of wisdom while I continue to trawl the web / these forums for an answer?

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Carl

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iw123
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Can you browse the datastore where that VM is stored and check what files you can see in the directory for that VM? The error is claiming it can't find a virtual disk file for that VM.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
iw123
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Can you browse the datastore where that VM is stored and check what files you can see in the directory for that VM? The error is claiming it can't find a virtual disk file for that VM.

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
c0nk3r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ignore this - strangely, I found the missing file in a different location on the disk. I moved it back and the VM boots fine...

Thanks anyway,

Carl

0 Kudos
c0nk3r
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry iw123, I didn't see your reply before I posted the update above.

Thanks for your input, which is much appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Kudos